It’s hard to imagine prepping for Super Bowl Sunday and not adding these Epic Nachos to the menu. Although I feel confident that you won’t miss the meat on these loaded black bean nachos, you can easily add pulled pork, ground beef, or shredded chicken to this recipe. I love keeping it simple though and offering a vegetarian version because I often serve these alongside my elk chili and smoked dry rub chicken wings. The showstopper in this recipe is definitely the briny hot pink pickled onions. Get the recipe HERE **
watch the video
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 15 oz. can black beans rinsed
- 1 jalapeno thinly sliced
- 1 avocado
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- cilantro chopped
- sour cream
- pickled onions (recipe link in post above)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- On a baking sheet or in a ceramic oven-safe dish put a base layer of tortilla chips and sprinkle liberally with a combination of both shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Repeat with a second layer of chips and cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Starting with your black beans, layer the rest of the ingredients and finish with sour cream, pickled onions, and chopped cilantro.
Feel free to get creative and add any of your favorite traditional or nontraditional toppings. A few of my favorites are roasted corn, salsa verde, or even chipotle peppers for a smoky kick. No matter how you dress it, these epic loaded nachos are sure to be a crowd pleaser on any game day.