This recipe is so fun and so simple! I love to play around at World Market and find unique ingredients or props for my food photography. I picked up some dried rose petals this week and have been testing them out on different recipes. This Raspberry Rose Lemonade is where I landed.
This drink is so refreshing on its own, but if you want to make it “adult” just add your favorite vodka or gin. Cardinal Gin would be my choice for this cocktail.
Here’s a quick tip. If you’re really in the mood to cut corners (we’ve all been there) just grab some Simply Lemonade and fresh raspberries and top with rose petals.
Raspberry Rose Lemondade
- 2 large lemons juiced
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- 6 fresh raspberries
- 1 cup cold filtered water
- dried rose petals for garnish
- lemon slices for garnish
- 6 ounces neutral spirit such as vodka (if using)
- In a small pitcher, muddle the fresh raspberries
- Add simple syrup, lemon juice and water.
- Depending on the size of your lemons, you'll want to play around with your ratios. Too sour? Add a little more simple syrup. Too diluted? Add more lemon juice.
- For cocktails, add 1.5 oz of your favorite neutral spirit to each glass. Then top with with the raspberry lemonade mixture.
- Finish with rose petals, slice of lemon and voila!