This chicken noodle soup is one of my all-time favorites. It’s so easy to pull together I can have it in the pot in minutes. Then, all there is to do is wait for the egg noodles to cook.
Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 2 medium-sized carrots diced
- 4 cups chicken broth (low-sodium so you can control the salt)
- 1 rotisserie chicken (remove skin, bones, and shred meat)
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- fresh thyme
- add olive oil to large pot
- saute shallot, celery and carrots for 5-7 minutes
- season with salt and pepper
- add broth along with an additional 2 cups of water and bring to a boil
- add egg noodles and cook for 5 minutes
- add shredded chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes until noodles are done
- pour in serving bowls and top with fresh thyme
- finish with salt and fresh ground pepper
If you’re feeling under the weather, it’s super healing and makes you feel great!
Rotisserie chicken is often on sale on Sundays. Having one on hand makes this recipe super easy and quick. Perfect for a Sunday night dinner before starting the workweek. I grow fresh thyme in a pot on my deck and snip off what I need. A little goes a long way.