Happy Cinco de Mayo! Although the true significance of this holiday is to commemorate Mexico’s victory over the French Empire, Cinco de Mayo has evolved and taken on a much greater significance. Cinco de Mayo has grown into one of the most highly anticipated celebrations of the year.
Watch the Video
May 5th is a day for all of us to come together, raise a glass, and celebrate the differences in our culture that have melded into one. The Mexican-American culture has had a huge influence on the way we view food. Not only is it about what you cook, but it’s about who you share it with. Gather your friends and raise a glass of my spicy jalapeno margaritas to a day of good food and great company! Cheers!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh lime juice 8-10 limes
- 1.5 ounces 100% blue agave silver tequila like Lunazula
- 1 fresh jalapeno sliced
- To make the margarita mix combine your water and sugar in a saucepan and simmer on med-low until all the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat and stir in your fresh squeezed lime juice.
- In a rocks glass muddle 2 slices of the fresh jalapeno (feel free to use more if you like your margarita extra spicy).
- Add ice to the top of the glass, pour in your tequila, and top with your homemade margarita mix.
- Stir and garnish with a fresh slice of lime and another slice of jalapeno
- If adapting this recipe for a group combine all the margarita mix with ¾ cup tequila. Add the sliced jalapeno or leave on the side for your guests to add.