I am asked all the time what makes my guacamole so unique and flavorful. The secret is lots of fresh cilantro (you can never have too much!) and a generous pour of my Salsa Verde. It’s really easy to make salsa verde from scratch and it can be made ahead of time then stored for one week in an airtight container or jar.
Still, if you’re short on time or want to simplify this recipe further use store bought salsa verde. There are some great brands out there now and I’m all for cutting a few corners. No game day or taco Tuesday is complete without this delicious Guacamole Verde.
- 1/4 cup Salsa Verde store bought or look for my recipe linked in this post below
- 3-4 avocados depending on size
- 1 Roma tomato
- 1 clove garlic
- fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeno seeds removed and diced
- 1 shallot diced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl mash your avocados – I love to use a potato masher for this being sure not to over mash so that my guacamole has lots of texture.
- Add your lime juice directly over the top of the avocados to keep from oxidizing (fancy way of saying turning brown.
- Next, add the remaining ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined – adding salt and pepper gradually to taste.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh cilantro, diced jalapeno, and a lime wedge.
My Salsa Verde (pictured above) recipe really makes this guac sing. Get the recipe HERE.