There’s something so spectacular about this dish
This Loaded Greek Hummus is packed with tons of flavor and is sure to wow your guests! It’s incredibly easy to make and yet it’s a showstopper every time I bring it out.
I love making my own hummus in large batches on Sunday, but this recipe can easily be substituted with your favorite brand or flavor of hummus. It’s quick, easy, and a healthy change from your normal chips and dip.
Loaded Greek Hummus
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 lemons juiced
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/2 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 4 Tbsp water more if needed, to thin
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- kosher salt to taste
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas drained, rinsed and allowed to dry
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp za’tar spice
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh dill chopped
- 1/2 english cucumber diced
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes diced
- 1 shallot or small red onion sliced
- Kalamata olives
- Feta cheese
- In a medium pot, cover your chickpeas with about an inch or two of water and add your large garlic clove. Cook over medium high heat for 20 minutes or until the garlic and chickpeas have softene.
- At this point some of the chickpea husks will have fallen off – this is normal.
- Using a fine-mesh sieve, drain your chickpeas and garlic. Remove any of the husks that are completely removed, but don’t worry about removing all of them.
- Add your garlic and chickpeas to either a food processor or high powered blender (i.e. nutribullet or vitamix).
- Add the tahini paste, lemon juice, seasonings, and olive oil – blend or pulse until the mixture is smooth. *Add water in 1 Tbsp increments as needed until you get a smooth and creamy texture.
- Transfer to a serving bowl or dish and create a swoosh pattern with the back of a spoon or spatula.
- Drizzle with a little more olive oil and top with ingredients listed below.
- To make your roasted chickpeas: lay your chickpeas on a baking sheet in a single layer. If not completely dry use a clean dishtowel to remove any excess liquid.
- Drizzle with olive oil and coat with your za’tar, turmeric, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Roast in the oven at 375F for 20 minutes or until crispy.
- Using the remaining ingredients along with your roasted chickpeas – top your hummus and serve with fresh veggies or toasted pita points. Enjoy!