Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall
The greatest season is among us and I’m taking a much needed social media and work hiatus to enjoy my favorite people!
On deck for the weekend: load up on fresh picked apples, eat at all of my favorite local spots, watch my friend tie the knot, and take the scenic route to see all the leaves changing.
You can bet, that when I return, I’ll be making my Apple Crisps. Get in the spirit and pick up some fresh apples at your local farm stand or better yet go pick your own and give this recipe a try. It’s super easy and a real showstopper this time of year.
- fresh apples
- coconut oil spray
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Wash and dry your apples.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar together and set aside
- Starting with your first apple, slice as thin as possible with a mandoline. If you do not have a mandoline a sharp knife will do.
- Lay your apple slices out on a wire rack placed on top of a baking sheet
- Spritz the apple with coconut oil spray
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar
- Bake them at 200-250F for 20 minutes. Then, turn off your oven completely and let them remain in the oven until they they cooled and become crispy.
From root chips to apple crisps, I’m loving my new mandoline. It makes slicing these apples a breeze.
Can’t wait to come up with new fall recipes for you guys when I get back. Enjoy your weekend and unplug, do something outdoors.